What’s a Rich Text element?
Ortus Talent is committed to maintaining robust privacy protections for its users. We want you to know that you can trust us with your information when you use our organisation. We are determined to do nothing that would infringe on your rights or undermine your trust. This Privacy Notice describes the information we collect about you, how it is used and shared, and your rights regarding it.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller for the personal data that we hold and process. Our registered address is X, our registration number is 13091579 and our Data Protection Officer/Lead (DPO/DPL) is Abby Barnes. Our Data Protection Officer/Lead can be contacted at email@example.com.
Information we collect
Our Lawful Basis for processing your information
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires all organisations that process personal data to have a Lawful Basis for doing so.
The Lawful Bases identified in the GDPR are:
1. Consent of the data subjects
2. Performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
3. Compliance with a legal obligation
4. To protect the vital interests of a data subject or other person
5. Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
6. The legitimate interests of ourselves, or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
Examples of Legitimate Interests include:
1. Where the data subject is a client or in the service of the controller
2. Transmission within a group of undertakings for internal administrative purposes
3. Processing necessary to ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access
4. Processing for direct marketing purposes, or to prevent fraud
Our Lawful Basis is all of the above and our Legitimate Interest is all of the above.
Ortus Talent will process information about your use of our website and services. The usage data may include:
1. The browser types and versions used
2. The operating system used by the accessing system
3. The website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers)
4. The sub-websites
5. The date and time (so-called timestamp) of access to the Internet site
an Internet protocol address (IP address)
6. The Internet service provider (ISP) of the accessing system
7. The geographical location of the user
8. The page views and site navigation paths
9. The pattern of the users’ use of the service with regards to timing and frequency
of any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
Enquiry data, correspondence data and customer relationship data
Ortus Talent may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding our services and products. If a user contacts us via email or via a contact form, the personal information transmitted by the user is automatically stored while you maintain a client/candidate, unless a deletion request is submitted.
The personal information may include:
1. The user’s contact information
2. The user’s name
3. The name of the user’s employer
4. The user’s job title or role
5. The metadata associated with the communication
6. Information contained in communications between the user and Ortus Talent
We may share your personal data with:
1. Our delivery partners
2. Our legal advisors in the event of a dispute or other legal matter
3. Law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties to meet our legal obligations
4. In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company [assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, refinancing, or acquisition of some or all of our business by another company
The source of the usage data is Google Analytics. The usage data collected is needed to:
1. Deliver the content of our website correctly
2. Optimise the content of our website as well as any advertisement
3. Ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology
4. Provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack.
We do not use automated decision-making in the processing of your personal data.
Ortus Talent may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email marketing efforts.
Our emails will only be received by the user if:
1. The user has a valid email address
2. The user opts in to receive marketing.
You may opt out of receiving emails and other messages from our organisation by following the instructions in those messages.
How we use and share information
Personal data is transmitted on a voluntary basis by a user to Ortus Talent are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting the user, managing our relationships with customers, keeping records of communication with the user, and promoting our products and services to customers.
In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you. For example, we use Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers.
Retaining and deleting your personal information
The personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the expressed purpose.
We will retain your personal data as follows:
1. For as long as your data is relevant to the services we provide
2. A maximum of 5 years; or
3. Whichever is the lesser
In some instances, it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal information will be stored by us. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on legal advice.
We retain your personal data while you remain a candidate/client or for up to 5 years, whichever is the lesser. Our Retention and Disposal Policy details how long we hold data and how we dispose of it when it no longer needs to be held.
We will delete or anonymise your information at your request unless:
1. There is an unresolved issue, such as a claim or dispute
2. We are legally required to
3. There are overriding legitimate business interests, including but not limited to fraud prevention and protecting customers' safety and security
Subject Access Request (SAR)
You may request access to, correction of, or a copy of your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Validate users
2. Remember user preferences and settings
3. Determine the frequency of accessing our content
4. Measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
5. Analyse site visits and trends
Your data protection rights (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA or the UK, you have the following data protection rights:
1. You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
2. You have the right to opt out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
3. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
4. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights per applicable data protection laws.
Links to other websites
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of significant changes to this policy by email or by placing a prominent notice on our site. Significant changes will go into effect 14 days following such notification. Non-material changes or clarifications will take effect immediately. You should periodically check the Site and this privacy page for updates.
This website is owned and operated by Ortus Talent. We are registered in the United Kingdom under registration number 13091579.